Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) San Mateo County contains the following public notice districts:
(1) Central District, which is comprised of the Cities of Belmont, Burlingame, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Millbrae, and San Mateo and the unincorporated area known as Montara.
(2) Northern District, which is comprised of the Cities of Brisbane, Colma, Daly City, Pacifica, San Bruno, and South San Francisco.
(3) Southern District, which is comprised of the Cities of Atherton, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Carlos, and Woodside and the unincorporated area known as North Fair Oaks.
(b) For the purpose of publishing notice arising from a location within San Mateo County that is not within one of the districts described in subdivision (a):
(1) If the location is within five miles of a district, notice shall be published in the nearest district.
(2) If the location is not within five miles of a district, notice shall be given as if the location is in a public notice district without a newspaper of general circulation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 6085.500 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/government-code/gov-sect-6085-500/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.