California Code, Fish and Game Code - FGC § 8687
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Except as otherwise provided in this code, drift gill nets may be used in Districts 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
1. Persons between five and twenty-one years of age are of school age. Nonresident children shall be charged the maximum tuition rate as determined in section 282.24, with the exception that those residing temporarily in a school corporation may attend school in the corporation upon terms prescribed by the board. A school district discontinuing grades under section 282.7, subsection 1 or 3, shall be charged tuition as provided in section 282.24.
2. For purposes of this section, “resident” means a child who meets either of the following requirements:
a. Is physically present in a district, whose residence has not been established in another district by operation of law, and who meets any of the following conditions:
(1) Is in the district for the purpose of making a home and not solely for school purposes.
(3) Lives in a juvenile detention center or residential facility in the district.
b. Is domiciled with the child's parent or guardian who is on active duty in the military service of the United States and is stationed at and resides or is domiciled within a federal military installation located contiguous to a county in this state.
3. The parent or guardian of a child who meets the requirements of subsection 2, paragraph “b”, may enroll the child in a school district in a county in this state that is located contiguous to the out-of-state federal military installation. Notwithstanding section 285.1 relating to transportation of resident pupils, the parent or guardian is responsible for transporting the child without reimbursement to and from a point on a regular school bus route of the district of enrollment.
4. Notwithstanding section 282.6, if a parent or guardian enrolls a child in a school district in accordance with subsection 3, the school district shall be free of tuition for such child.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Fish and Game Code - FGC § 8687 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/fish-and-game-code/fgc-sect-8687/
Was this helpful?