Skip to main content

California Code, Fish and Game Code - FGC § 7852.2

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a commercial fishing license, stamp, permit, or other entitlement for which there is a renewal deadline shall not be renewed after that deadline, except as follows:

(a) In addition to the base fee for the license, stamp, permit, or other entitlement, the department shall assess a late fee for any renewal the application for which is received after the deadline, according to the following schedule:

(1) One to 30 days after the deadline, a fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125).

(2) Thirty-one to 60 days after the deadline, a fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250).

(3) Sixty-one days or more after the deadline, a fee of five hundred dollars ($500).

(b) The department shall not waive the applicable late fee. The late fees specified in this section are applicable beginning in the 2008 license year, and shall be adjusted annually thereafter pursuant to Section 713.

(c) The department shall deny any application for renewal received after March 31 of the permit year following the year in which the applicant last held a valid permit for that fishery.

(d) An applicant who is denied renewal of a late application may submit a written appeal for renewal to the commission within 60 days of the date of the department's denial. The commission, upon consideration of the appeal, may grant renewal. If the commission grants renewal, it shall assess the applicable late fee pursuant to subdivision (a).

Cite this article: - California Code, Fish and Game Code - FGC § 7852.2 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard