California Code, Fish and Game Code - FGC § 3240.5
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) For purposes of this article, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) “Commercial hunting club” means property with respect to which a fee is imposed or collected for either of the following:
(A) Taking or attempting to take birds or mammals on the property.
(B) A type of entry or use permit that includes permission to take birds or mammals on the property.
(2) “Property” means a number of contiguous legal parcels owned by one or more owners and held out for a common purpose.
(b) A person, including, but not limited to, an owner, renter, or lessee, who is in possession or control of a commercial hunting club, shall procure a commercial hunting club license before a bird or mammal may be taken on the property.
(c) This article does not apply under any of the following circumstances:
(1) The fees described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) that are received by the owner, renter or lessee of the property are less than one hundred dollars ($100) per entrant and total less than one thousand dollars ($1,000) between July 1 and the following June 30. Pursuant to Section 713, department may adjust the threshold amounts established in this paragraph.
(2) The property is used in conjunction with the Shared Habitat Alliance for Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) program under Article 3 (commencing with Section 1570) of Chapter 5 of Division 2.
(3) A domesticated game bird hunting club licensed under Article 3 (commencing with Section 3270) operates on the property.
(4) A domesticated migratory game bird shooting area licensed under Article 4 (commencing with Section 3300) operates on the property.
(5) The property is used by a hunting club or program licensed under regulations adopted pursuant to this code.
(6) The property is used in conjunction with the private wildlife habitat enhancement and management program under Article 5 (commencing with Section 3400).
(7) The property is used for an officially sanctioned field trial event pursuant to regulations adopted pursuant to this code.
(8) The property is subject to a recorded state, federal, or nonprofit wildlife conservation or agricultural easement or is enrolled in a habitat protection or enhancement program under this code, including, but not limited to, Article 7 (commencing with Section 3460).
(d) This chapter does not apply to an owner of property that is rented or leased to a commercial hunting club, if the owner is not involved in the operation of the club and the club is licensed in accordance with this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Fish and Game Code - FGC § 3240.5 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/fish-and-game-code/fgc-sect-3240-5/
Was this helpful?