Skip to main content

California Code, Financial Code - FIN § 562

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

No person who has not received a certificate from the commissioner authorizing it to engage in the banking business shall transact business under any name or title that contains the word “bank” or “banker” or “banking” or “industrial bank” or “industrial loan company” or “investment and loan” or “savings bank” or “thrift and loan” or “trust” or “trustee” or “trust company” or act or advertise in any manner that indicates that the business is the business of a bank or trust company. Any building and loan association or savings association having in its corporate name words not clearly indicating the nature of its business shall state, on all signs, letterheads, and advertising matter, “This is a building and loan association” or “This is a savings association” or words to that effect.

Cite this article: - California Code, Financial Code - FIN § 562 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard