Skip to main content

California Code, Financial Code - FIN § 1107

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) A bank may change its name if it files with the commissioner a report on the proposed change not less than 30 days before the change. The report shall be in the form, shall contain the information, shall be signed in the manner, and shall, if the commissioner so requires, be verified in the manner the commissioner may require.

(b) Whenever a bank changes its name, the bank shall surrender to the commissioner for cancellation the certificates of authority under its old name for its head office, any branch offices, and any places of business. The commissioner shall issue to the bank replacement certificates under the bank's new name and the bank shall pay to the commissioner a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25) for each replacement certificate.

(c) The commissioner may not deny an application for approval of an amendment of the articles of incorporation of a bank which changes the name of the bank or any other application of a bank relating to a change in the name of the bank because the new name of the bank resembles so closely, as to be likely to cause confusion, the name of any other bank.

Cite this article: - California Code, Financial Code - FIN § 1107 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard