California Code, Evidence Code - EVID § 1561
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The records shall be accompanied by the affidavit of the custodian or other qualified witness, stating in substance each of the following:
(1) The affiant is the duly authorized custodian of the records or other qualified witness and has authority to certify the records.
(2) The copy is a true copy of all the records described in the subpoena duces tecum or search warrant, or pursuant to subdivision (e) of Section 1560, the records were delivered to the attorney, the attorney's representative, or deposition officer for copying at the custodian's or witness' place of business, as the case may be.
(3) The records were prepared by the personnel of the business in the ordinary course of business at or near the time of the act, condition, or event.
(4) The identity of the records.
(5) A description of the mode of preparation of the records.
(b) If the business has none of the records described, or only part thereof, the custodian or other qualified witness shall so state in the affidavit, and deliver the affidavit and those records that are available in one of the manners provided in Section 1560.
(c) If the records described in the subpoena were delivered to the attorney or his or her representative or deposition officer for copying at the custodian's or witness' place of business, in addition to the affidavit required by subdivision (a), the records shall be accompanied by an affidavit by the attorney or his or her representative or deposition officer stating that the copy is a true copy of all the records delivered to the attorney or his or her representative or deposition officer for copying.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Evidence Code - EVID § 1561 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/evidence-code/evid-sect-1561.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?