California Code, Evidence Code - EVID
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
- Division 1. Preliminary Provisions and Construction
- Division 2. Words and Phrases Defined
- Division 3. General Provisions
- Division 4. Judicial Notice
- Division 5. Burden of Proof; Burden of Producing Evidence; Presumptions and Inferences
- Division 6. Witnesses
- Division 7. Opinion Testimony and Scientific Evidence
- Division 8. Privileges
- Division 9. Evidence Affected or Excluded by Extrinsic Policies
- Division 10. Hearsay Evidence
- Division 11. Writings
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.