California Code, Education Code - EDC § 89270
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Cybersecurity Regional Alliances and Multistakeholder Partnerships Pilot Program is hereby established in order to address the cybersecurity workforce gap by doing all of the following:
(1) Stimulating cybersecurity education and workforce development by bringing together stakeholders in the cybersecurity ecosystem.
(2) Aligning the cybersecurity workforce needs of employers with the education and training provided by institutions of higher education.
(3) Increasing the pipeline of students pursuing cybersecurity careers.
(4) Developing the cybersecurity workforce to meet industry needs within local or regional economies.
(b) On or before March 1, 2023, the office of the Chancellor of the California State University shall develop an application process, selection process, and criteria for California State University campuses seeking to participate in the pilot program. Preference shall be given to California State University campuses that have or are developing regional pipeline programs in cybersecurity with the California Community Colleges.
(c) The office of the Chancellor of the California State University shall select any number of campuses to participate in the pilot program.
(d) Each selected California State University campus shall do all of the following:
(1) Create a pilot program with goals and metrics.
(2) Develop strategies and tactics for building successful regional alliances and multistakeholder partnerships.
(3) Measure the impact and results of its pilot program and annually share the impact and results with the office of the Chancellor of the California State University.
(e) The office of the Chancellor of the California State University shall annually report the impact and results from each selected campus's pilot program to the Legislature.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Education Code - EDC § 89270 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/education-code/edc-sect-89270/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?