Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department shall review applications submitted under this article to determine whether the applicable requirements in subdivision (f) of Section 8482.3 have been fulfilled.
(b) The department shall use the per-pupil formulas established pursuant to subparagraph (C) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 8483.7 and the targeted number of pupils to be served, as established pursuant to paragraph (9) of subdivision (f) of Section 8482.3, to determine the appropriate grant amount.
(c)(1) A grantee that establishes a program pursuant to this chapter is eligible to receive a three-year renewable grant subject to semiannual reporting. Funding for a grant shall be allocated in annual increments for a period of not more than three years, contingent upon the availability of funds for those grants pursuant to Section 8483.5.
(2) A grantee who receives funds pursuant to this article as part of a partnership or consortium may restructure the partnership or consortium if all of the following conditions are met:
(A) All partners of the partnership or consortium agree to the restructure.
(B) The new consortia or partnership structure, or structures, complies with the requirements of subdivision (f) of Section 8482.3, as applicable.
(C) There is no change in the school, or schools, served by the restructured partnership or consortium.
(D) The department approves the restructure.
(d) The department shall notify new grantees of their award status and dollar amount of the award, if any, in writing on or before May 15 of each year in which new grants are awarded.
(e) A first-year grant award shall be made no later than 60 days after enactment of the annual Budget Act and any authorizing legislation. A grant award for the second and subsequent fiscal years shall be made no later than 30 days after enactment of the annual Budget Act and any authorizing legislation.
(f) The department shall allocate 65 percent of the first-year grant amount no later than 30 days after the grantee submits the grant award acceptance letter to the department. Of the remaining 35 percent of the grant, the department shall allocate 25 percent or more of the funds within the operational period of the program and may retain up to 10 percent of the total grant until all administrative requirements of the grant have been met. For the second and subsequent years of the grant, the department shall allocate 65 percent of the annual grant amount for that year no later than 30 days after the annual Budget Act becomes effective. Of the remaining 35 percent of the grant, the department shall allocate 25 percent or more of the funds within the operational period of the program and may retain up to 10 percent of the total grant until all administrative requirements of the grant have been met.
(g) The Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs shall make recommendations on reporting requirements for program evaluation and review consistent with subdivision (b) of Section 8483.55 to the department on or before June 30, 2007. The department shall review the committee's recommendations and present them, along with the department's recommendations, to the state board on or before September 30, 2007. The state board shall adopt requirements for program evaluation and review on or before November 30, 2007.
(h)(1) The department shall provide notice to all schools eligible for grants pursuant to this article regarding the availability of those grants and the application process.
(2) The department shall make the application available through its Internet Web site. The department shall determine the dates by which applications will be periodically considered for funding.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Education Code - EDC § 8482.4 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/education-code/edc-sect-8482-4/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?