Skip to main content

California Code, Civil Code - CIV § 1053

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

A transfer in writing is called a grant, or conveyance, or bill of sale. ?The term ?grant,? in this and the next two Articles, includes all these instruments, unless it is specially applied to real property.

Cite this article: - California Code, Civil Code - CIV § 1053 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard