Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Any institution, firm, or individual wishing approval of the bureau to offer the baton course shall complete an application for certification as a baton training facility. The application shall be in a form prescribed by the chief and shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following information:
(1) The name, business address, and telephone number of the institution, firm or individual.
(2) A detailed description of the places, days, and times the course will be offered.
(3) An estimate of the minimum and maximum class size.
(4) Location and description of the facilities.
(5) The name or names of the baton instructors who will teach the course who have been certified by the bureau, and their certificate numbers if available.
(b) The application shall be accompanied by the fee prescribed in this chapter.
(c) No approval shall be given, and no certification shall be issued, to a baton training facility until a baton training instructor who has been certified by the bureau has been approved to teach the course.
(d) Upon approval by the bureau of a baton training facility, the chief shall issue to the facility a “Baton Training Facility Certificate.” The certificate is valid only when the baton training facility has in its employ a baton training instructor who has been certified by the bureau. The certificate shall be posted in a conspicuous place at the facility.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Business and Professions Code - BPC § 7585.11 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/business-and-professions-code/bpc-sect-7585-11/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?