Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) An ADDS shall be placed and operated inside an enclosed building, with a premises address, at a location approved by the board.
(b) An ADDS shall be placed and operated in one of the following locations:
(1) Adjacent to the secured pharmacy area of the pharmacy holding the ADDS license.
(2) A health facility licensed pursuant to Section 1250 of the Health and Safety Code that complies with Section 1261.6 of the Health and Safety Code.
(3) A clinic licensed pursuant to Section 1204 or 1204.1 of the Health and Safety Code, or Section 4180 or 4190 of this code.
(4) A correctional clinic licensed pursuant to Section 4187.1.
(5) If the ADDS is an APDS, in a location as provided in Section 4427.6.
(6) If the ADDS is an AUDS, in a location as provided in subdivision (a) of Section 4427.65.
(c) Prior to installation, the pharmacy holding the ADDS license and the location where the ADDS is placed pursuant to subdivision (b) shall jointly develop and implement written policies and procedures to ensure safety, accuracy, accountability, security, patient confidentiality, and maintenance of the ADDS, as well as quality, potency, and purity of the drugs and devices. These policies and procedures shall be maintained at the location of the ADDS and at the pharmacy holding the ADDS license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Business and Professions Code - BPC § 4427.3 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/business-and-professions-code/bpc-sect-4427-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?