Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Bioterrorism” means the intentional use of any microorganism, virus, infectious substance or biological product that may be engineered as a result of biotechnology or any naturally occurring or bioengineered component of any microorganism, virus, infectious substance or biological product, to cause or attempt to cause death, disease or other biological malfunction in humans.
2. “Director” means the director of the department of health services.
3. “Health care provider” has the same meaning prescribed in § 12-2291.
4. “Local health authority” means a county health department or public health services district or any person authorized to act on behalf of the county health department or public health services district.
5. “Public safety authority” means the department of public safety, a local law enforcement agency or a person authorized to act on behalf of the department of public safety or local law enforcement agency.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 36. Public Health and Safety § 36-781. Definitions - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-36-public-health-and-safety/az-rev-st-sect-36-781/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?