A. The notice of commercial real estate broker lien shall include all of the following:
1. The name and the address of the principal place of business of the broker who claims
the lien and the broker's real estate license number.
2. The name and the mailing address of the owner of the real property.
3. The real property interest that is owned by the owner.
4. The amount of the lien.
5. The legal description of the real property that is the subject of the lien.
6. The street address of the real property, if any.
7. The statement that the broker who claims the lien is entitled to compensation from
the owner of the real property.
8. The notarized signature of the real estate broker that avows that based on information
and belief the contents of the notice of commercial real estate broker lien are true
B. The words “unknown” or “not available” and similar terms may not be used in lieu
of the information prescribed by subsection A, and any use of those terms in the notice
of commercial real estate broker lien or broker's preliminary notice of intent to
lien invalidates the commercial real estate broker lien.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.