Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28. Transportation § 28-3396. Court diversion fee
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. The presiding judge of each court shall:
1. Set the amount of the court diversion fee that an individual, including an individual who holds a commercial driver license, who attends a defensive driving school may be assessed.
2. Charge an individual a forty-five dollar surcharge if the individual attends a defensive driving school.
3. Immediately inform the supreme court in writing of the amount of the court diversion fee that is established for the court and the total cost to attend a defensive driving school.
4. Immediately inform the supreme court in writing of any changes in the total cost to attend a defensive driving school.
B. Payment of the court diversion fee and surcharge is in lieu of payment of a civil penalty or criminal fine and any surcharge that are imposed for a traffic violation.
C. The driving school shall collect the court diversion fee and surcharge before or at the time an individual attends the school. On receipt of the diversion fee, the defensive driving school shall transmit the fee promptly to the appropriate court pursuant to procedures prescribed by the supreme court. On receipt of the surcharge, the defensive driving school shall transmit the surcharge promptly to the state treasurer for deposit, pursuant to §§ 35-146 and 35-147, as follows:
1. The first ten million four hundred thousand dollars in revenue annually in the department of public safety forensics fund established by § 41-1730.
2. All remaining money in the state general fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28. Transportation § 28-3396. Court diversion fee - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-28-transportation/az-rev-st-sect-28-3396/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?