Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28. Transportation § 28-3159. Restricted licenses
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. With good cause, the department may issue the following restricted driver licenses:
1. A driver license with any of the following:
(a) Restrictions suitable to the licensee's driving ability for the type of motor vehicle or special mechanical control devices required on a motor vehicle that the licensee may operate.
(b) Restrictions suitable to the licensee's ability to drive a motor vehicle in areas, at locations or on highways or during certain times.
(c) Other restrictions as the department determines appropriate to ensure the safe operation of a motor vehicle by the licensee.
2. A class A, B or C driver license that restricts the driver from operating:
(a) A commercial motor vehicle equipped with air brakes, if the applicant either fails the air brake component of the knowledge examination or performs the skills test in a vehicle that is not equipped with air brakes.
(b) A vehicle in interstate commerce, if the applicant is not subject to 49 Code of Federal Regulations part 391.
(c) A motor vehicle for the purposes of interstate commerce, if an applicant for a class A, B or C license is at least eighteen years of age.
3. A class A, B or C driver license with other restrictions that the department determines are appropriate to ensure the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle by the licensee.
4. A class M license that restricts the driver from driving a vehicle other than a motorcycle, motor driven cycle or moped with a maximum piston displacement of one hundred cubic centimeters or less, if the applicant performs the driving examination with a motorcycle, motor driven cycle or moped with a maximum piston displacement of one hundred cubic centimeters or less.
5. A special ignition interlock restricted driver license pursuant to chapter 4, article 3.1 of this title. 1
6. A license restricting the travel of the driver as provided in § 25-518.
B. The department may either issue a special restricted license or display the restrictions on the usual driver license form.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28. Transportation § 28-3159. Restricted licenses - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-28-transportation/az-rev-st-sect-28-3159/
Was this helpful?