Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28. Transportation § 28-3053. School bus advisory council
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. The school bus advisory council is established consisting of nine members appointed by the governor. The governor shall appoint the members as follows:
1. One member representing the department of public safety.
2. One member representing the state board of education.
3. One member from a school district with a student count of less than six hundred.
4. One member from a school district with a student count of six hundred or more but less than three thousand.
5. One member from a school district with a student count of three thousand or more but less than ten thousand.
6. One member from a school district with a student count of ten thousand or more.
7. One member representing transportation administrators.
8. One member who is a certified school bus driver or school bus driver instructor.
9. One member representing a private sector school bus service provider.
B. The members shall serve staggered three-year terms unless a member vacates the position. Appointment to fill a vacancy resulting other than from expiration of a term is for the unexpired portion of the term only.
C. The school bus advisory council shall:
1. Meet at least annually.
2. Select a chairperson from its members.
4. Recommend curricula for school bus driver safety and training courses required by § 28-3228.
5. Advise and consult with the department of public safety concerning matters related to the certification of school bus drivers and the safety of school buses.
6. Establish a mailing list that includes any party expressing an interest in the council's activities. The council shall provide written notice to each person on the list at least fifteen days before the date on which the meeting is to be held. The notice shall be sent by mail or electronic means to the party's last address of record with the council or by any other method reasonably calculated to effect actual notice to any party expressing interest in the council's activities. Written notice by electronic means is effective when transmitted. For other methods written notice is effective on receipt or five days after the date shown on the postmark stamped on the envelope, whichever is earlier.
D. Members of the school bus advisory council are not eligible to receive compensation or reimbursement for expenses.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28. Transportation § 28-3053. School bus advisory council - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-28-transportation/az-rev-st-sect-28-3053/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?