Arizona Revised Statutes Title 27. Minerals, Oil and Gas § 27-971. Submission and contents of reclamation plan
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. Beginning July 1, 1996, an owner or operator may submit a single reclamation plan that covers multiple mining units of a mining facility.
B. The proposed reclamation plan shall include:
1. The names and addresses of the owner or operator and an individual who will be the regulatory contact.
2. A statement that the owner or operator assumes responsibility for the reclamation of surface disturbances that are attributable to the mining unit consistent with this chapter and the rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
3. The current ownership and use of the land included in the mining unit.
4. The proposed post-mining use of the land.
5. A description of the mining unit and the proposed surface disturbances that will be created.
6. The existing and proposed final topography, including the final slopes of leach piles, overburden or low grade rock stockpiles and tailing piles.
7. A narrative description of roads that are proposed for the mining unit.
8. The acreage affected by each type of surface disturbance and a map of the mining unit area showing each surface disturbance. For previously undisturbed areas, the map shall identify any types of fish and wildlife habitats that will be disturbed.
9. The proposed reclamation measures that are necessary to achieve the post-mining land use including information concerning:
(a) The measures that will be taken to restrict public access to pits, adits, shafts and other surface features that may be a hazard to public safety.
(b) The measures that will be taken to address erosion control and stability.
(c) The measures that will be taken to address revegetation, conservation and the care and monitoring of revegetated areas as provided in this chapter.
(d) For surface disturbances where the proposed post-mining land use objective is designated as grazing, fish or wildlife habitat, forestry or recreation, the type of wildlife or fish habitat to be encouraged, including measures that will be taken to encourage that type of wildlife or fish habitat, and that those measures will not be incompatible with the fish or wildlife habitat on adjacent lands.
10. A proposed tentative schedule for beginning surface disturbances and beginning and completing the reclamation measures.
11. The estimated costs to perform each of the proposed reclamation measures for purposes of determining financial assurance requirements under article 5 of this chapter. 1
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 27. Minerals, Oil and Gas § 27-971. Submission and contents of reclamation plan - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-27-minerals-oil-and-gas/az-rev-st-sect-27-971/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?