Arizona Revised Statutes Title 27. Minerals, Oil and Gas § 27-441. Definitions
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Aggregate” means cinders, crushed rock or stone, decomposed granite, gravel, pumice, pumicite and sand.
2. “Aggregate mining” means clearing, covering or moving land using mechanized earth-moving equipment on privately owned property for aggregate development and production purposes, including ancillary aggregate finished product activities. Aggregate mining includes an operation that mixes or recycles rock, sand, gravel or similar aggregate materials with water and cement or with asphalt. Aggregate mining does not include surveying, seismic work, exploration or maintenance activities that create a de minimis land disturbance.
3. “Aggregate mining operation” or “operation” means property that is owned, operated or managed by the same person for mining aggregate and is located in an aggregate mining operations zoning district established pursuant to § 11-812. Property that is not contiguous but is in the same zoning district, that is owned, operated or managed by the same person and that is operated as a single aggregate mining complex is considered to be a single aggregate mining operation.
4. “Existing aggregate mining operation” means an aggregate mining operation that was in operation on or before the date the aggregate mining operations zoning district is established pursuant to § 11-812.
5. “Major modification” means a change in an approved community notice that is one or more of the following:
(a) An increase of more than twenty acres from that stated in the currently approved community notice for the aggregate mining operation.
(b) A new and significant type of aggregate mining that has never been conducted at the aggregate mining operation site.
(c) Substantive changes to the provisions of an approved community notice required by § 27-442, subsection C, paragraphs 4, 6, 8, 9 and 10.
6. “Minor modification” means a change in a community notice that is not a major modification.
7. “New aggregate mining operation” means an aggregate mining operation that begins operations after the date the aggregate mining operations zoning district is established pursuant to § 11-812.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 27. Minerals, Oil and Gas § 27-441. Definitions - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-27-minerals-oil-and-gas/az-rev-st-sect-27-441/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?