Arizona Revised Statutes Title 20. Insurance § 20-1603. Definitions
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Consumer credit insurance” means any one or a combination of the following:
(a) Credit life insurance.
(b) Credit disability insurance.
(c) Credit unemployment insurance.
2. “Credit disability insurance” means insurance on a debtor to provide indemnity for payments becoming due or outstanding on a specific loan or other credit transaction while the debtor has a disability as defined in the policy or certificate.
3. “Credit life insurance” means insurance on the life of a debtor pursuant to or in connection with a specific loan or other credit transaction that provides for the satisfaction of a debt, in whole or in part, on the death of an insured debtor.
4. “Credit unemployment insurance” means casualty insurance on a debtor to provide indemnity for payments or debt becoming due on a specific loan or other credit transaction while the debtor is involuntarily unemployed as defined in the policy.
5. “Creditor” means the lender of money or vendor or lessor of goods, services, property, rights or privileges, including a lessor under a lease intended as a security, where payment is arranged through a credit transaction. “Creditor” means also any successor to the right, title or interest of any such lender, vendor or lessor or an affiliate, associate or subsidiary of any of them or any director, officer or employee of any of them or any other person in any way associated with any of them.
6. “Debtor” means a borrower of money or a person possessing a commitment for a loan of certain funds or a purchaser or lessee of goods, services, property, rights or privileges for which payment is arranged through a credit transaction.
7. “Gross debt” means the sum of the remaining payments that a debtor owes a creditor.
8. “Identifiable charge” means a charge for a type of consumer credit insurance that is made to debtors having that insurance and not made to debtors not having the insurance, and that includes a charge for insurance that is disclosed in the credit or other instrument furnished to the debtor that states the financial elements of the credit transaction and any difference in the finance, interest, service or other similar charge made to debtors in like circumstances except for the insured or noninsured status of the debtor or of the property used as security for the credit transaction.
9. “Loan” means an advance or commitment of certain funds pursuant to a repayment agreement.
10. “Net debt” means the amount necessary to liquidate a debt in a single lump sum payment, excluding all unearned interest and other unearned finance charges.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 20. Insurance § 20-1603. Definitions - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-20-insurance/az-rev-st-sect-20-1603/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?