Arizona Revised Statutes Title 20. Insurance § 20-1024. Application for license; contents
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The attorney shall file with the director a verified application for a certificate of authority setting forth and accompanied by:
1. The name of the attorney or attorneys and the title under which the business is to be conducted, which title shall contain the name Lloyd's and the name of the country or state under which it is organized, and shall not be so similar to any name or title in use in this state as to be likely to confuse or deceive.
2. The location of the principal office.
3. The kind or combination of kinds of insurance to be written, as defined in article 2 of chapter 2 of this title. 1
4. A copy of the form of power of attorney by virtue of which the attorney is to act for and bind the several underwriters, and a copy of the articles of agreement entered into between the underwriters themselves and the attorney.
5. The names and addresses of all underwriters, whose number shall not be smaller than three.
6. A financial statement showing in detail the assets contributed or accumulated in the hands of the attorneys-in-fact, committee of underwriters, trustees, or other officers of such Lloyd's association, together with the liabilities incurred and outstanding and the income received and disbursements made by the attorney for the underwriters.
7. An instrument executed by each and all of the underwriters specially empowering the attorney to accept service of process for each underwriter in any action on any policy or contract of insurance, and an instrument from the attorney to the director delegating the attorney's powers in this respect to the director.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 20. Insurance § 20-1024. Application for license; contents - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-20-insurance/az-rev-st-sect-20-1024/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?