Arizona Revised Statutes Title 17. Game and Fish § 17-492. Powers and duties; definition
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arizona Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. The livestock loss board shall:
1. Establish and implement procedures to compensate landowners, lessees or livestock operators for wolf depredation on livestock.
2. Establish requirements for landowners, lessees and livestock operators to report and demonstrate wolf depredation on livestock.
3. Establish eligibility and application requirements to receive compensation for wolf depredation on livestock.
4. Determine the compensation rate for each livestock animal depredated by wolves.
5. Research and develop measures to prevent wolf depredation on livestock.
6. Establish procedures for landowners, lessees or livestock operators to appeal decisions of the livestock loss board.
B. The livestock loss board may:
1. Compensate landowners, lessees or livestock operators for wolf depredation on livestock.
2. Compensate landowners, lessees or livestock operators for implementing avoidance measures to prevent wolf depredation on livestock.
3. Implement a pay-for-presence program that provides compensation for the landowners, lessees and livestock operators who allow wolves to be present on private property owned or leased by the landowner, lessee or livestock operator and accept potential wolf depredation on livestock. A pay-for-presence program may not provide compensation for the presence of wolves on public lands.
4. Coordinate with the department in an investigation of wolf depredation on livestock and any corrective measures taken pursuant to § 17-239.
5. Coordinate with state and federal wildlife agencies to verify wolf depredation on livestock.
6. Collaborate with federal farm services agencies in this state to promote livestock compensation programs.
7. Adopt rules pursuant to title 41, chapter 6 1 as necessary to administer and enforce this section.
C. For the purposes of this section, “avoidance measures” means nonlethal actions taken or education provided by livestock owners to reduce the likelihood of livestock depredation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arizona Revised Statutes Title 17. Game and Fish § 17-492. Powers and duties; definition - last updated March 08, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-17-game-and-fish/az-rev-st-sect-17-492/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?