Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) “Campus” means all property, including buildings and grounds, that are owned or operated by a state-supported institution of higher education;
(2) “E-cigarette” means an electronic oral device that provides a vapor of nicotine or other substance that, when used or inhaled, simulates smoking, including without limitation a device that:
(A) Is composed of a heating element, battery, or electronic circuit or a combination of heating element, battery, and electronic circuit;
(B) Works in combination with a liquid nicotine delivery device composed, either in whole or in part, of pure nicotine and propylene glycol and manufactured for use with e-cigarettes; and
(C) Is manufactured, distributed, marketed, or sold as an e-cigarette, e-cigar, e-pipe, or under any other name or descriptor;
(3) “Employee” means an individual who is employed by a state-supported institution of higher education in consideration for direct or indirect monetary wages or profit;
(4) “Governing authority” means the administrative branch of the state-supported institution of higher education;
(5) “Guest” means a visitor to the campus of a state-supported institution of higher education;
(6) “Secondhand smoke” means smoke:
(A) Emitted from lighted, smoldering, or burning tobacco when the person is not inhaling;
(B) Emitted at the mouthpiece during puff drawing; and
(C) Exhaled by the person smoking;
(7) “Smoking” means inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying any:
(A) Lighted tobacco product, including cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco; and
(B) Other lighted combustible plant material; and
(8) “Student” means an individual enrolled in a credit or noncredit course at a state-supported institution of higher education.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 6. Education § 6-60-803. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-6-education/ar-code-sect-6-60-803/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?