Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Staff development activities for a public school district or public charter school participating in the Rewarding Excellence in Achievement Program shall:
(1) Focus on the school classroom and research-based strategies that improve student learning;
(2) Provide opportunities for teachers to practice and improve their instructional skills over time;
(3) Provide opportunities for teachers to use student data as part of their daily work to increase student achievement;
(4) Enhance teacher content knowledge and instructional skills;
(5) Align with state academic standards;
(6) Provide opportunities to build professional relationships, foster collaboration among principals and staff who provide instruction, and provide opportunities for teacher-to-teacher mentoring; and
(7) Align with the Rewarding Excellence in Achievement plan of the public school district or public charter school.
(b) Staff development activities for school districts and public charter schools participating in the Rewarding Excellence in Achievement Program may include:
(1) Curriculum development and curriculum training programs; and
(2) Activities that provide teachers and other staff members training to enhance teacher, team, and school performance.
(c) The public school district or public charter school may implement other staff development activities associated with professional teacher compensation models.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 6. Education § 6-15-2607. Staff development - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-6-education/ar-code-sect-6-15-2607/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?