Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The purpose of this section is to:
(1) Prevent students who attend administratively consolidated or administratively annexed schools from returning home to communities with little or no opportunities for supplemental academic support;
(2) Increase opportunities for access to library materials, academic resource materials, and educational technology for these students within their local communities; and
(3) Help advance academic performance for these students by providing opportunities for homework and tutorial assistance based on the Arkansas curriculum frameworks.
(b) An academic support center may be established in communities whose schools have been closed by administrative consolidation or administrative annexation under this subchapter to fulfill the objectives identified in subsection (a) of this section.
(c) The Division of Elementary and Secondary Education shall:
(1) Establish rules to implement this section; and
(2) Report annually to the House Committee on Education and the Senate Committee on Education regarding the establishment of academic support centers and their effectiveness.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 6. Education § 6-13-1612. Academic support centers - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-6-education/ar-code-sect-6-13-1612/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?