Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) As used in this section:
(1) “Ammunition” means any cartridge, shell, or projectile designed for use in a firearm;
(2) “False information” means information that portrays an unlawful transaction as lawful or a lawful transaction as unlawful;
(3) “Licensed dealer” means a person who is licensed under 18 U.S.C. § 923, as it existed on January 1, 2013, to engage in the business of dealing in firearms; and
(4) “Private seller” means a person other than a licensed dealer who sells or offers for sale a firearm or ammunition.
(b) A person commits the offense of unlawful procurement of a firearm or ammunition if he or she knowingly:
(1) Solicits, persuades, encourages, or entices a licensed dealer or private seller to transfer a firearm or ammunition under unlawful circumstances; or
(2) Provides false information to a licensed dealer or private seller with a purpose to deceive the licensed dealer or private seller concerning the lawfulness of a transfer of a firearm or ammunition.
(c) It is a defense to prosecution under this section if the person is:
(1) A law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity; or
(2) Acting at the direction of a law enforcement officer.
(d) Unlawful procurement of a firearm or ammunition is a Class D felony.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 5. Criminal Offenses § 5-73-111. Unlawful procurement of a firearm - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-5-criminal-offenses/ar-code-sect-5-73-111/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.