Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this subchapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Auction company” means a person taking possession of a motor vehicle owned by another to sell at an auction;
(2) “Dealer” means a person that sold at least five (5) motor vehicles during the prior twelve (12) months to buyers that in good faith bought the vehicles other than for resale;
(3) “Distributor” means a person that sold at least five (5) motor vehicles during the prior twelve (12) months for resale;
(4) “Leased motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle leased to a person for at least four (4) months by a lessor that leased at least five (5) vehicles during the prior twelve (12) months;
(5) “Motor vehicle” means any self-propelled vehicle not operated exclusively upon railroad tracks, except snowmobiles and other devices designed and used primarily for the transportation of persons over natural terrain, snow, or ice and propelled by wheels, skis, tracks, runners, or whatever other means;
(6) “Odometer” means an instrument for measuring and recording the distance a motor vehicle is driven, but does not include an auxiliary instrument designed to be reset by the operator of the vehicle to record the mileage of a trip;
(7) “Person” means an individual, firm, partnership, incorporated and unincorporated association, or any other legal or commercial entity;
(8) “Repair” and “replace” mean to restore to a sound working condition by replacing any part of an odometer or by correcting any inoperative part of an odometer;
(9) “Title” means the certificate of title or other document issued by this state or another state and indicating ownership, and includes a manufacturer's statement or certificate of origin; and
(10) “Transfer” means to change ownership by sale, gift, or other means.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 4. Business and Commercial Law § 4-90-202. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-4-business-and-commercial-law/ar-code-sect-4-90-202/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?