Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
There shall be a lien on the railroad for the labor, materials, machinery, fixtures, board, provisions, supplies, loss, damage, and services upon the roadbed, buildings, equipment, income, franchise, right-of-way, and all other appurtenances of the railroad for:
(1) Every mechanic, contractor, subcontractor, builder, artisan, workman, laborer, or other person who shall do or perform any work or labor, or cause to be done or performed any work or labor upon, or furnish any materials, machinery, fixtures, or other things toward the building, construction, or equipment of any railroad, or to facilitating the operation of any railroad whether completed or not;
(2) Every person who performs work of any kind in the construction or repair of any railroad, whether under contract with the railroad or with a contractor or subcontractor thereof;
(3) Every person who furnishes any board, provisions, or supplies for any employees, or teams of any railroad employed in the construction or repair thereof, with the consent or authority of the person authorized to make the construction or repair;
(4) Every person who shall sustain loss or damage to person or property from any railroad for which a liability may exist at law; and
(5) Every person who performs any valuable services, manual or professional, for any railroad by or from which the railroad receives a benefit.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 18. Property § 18-44-401. Authorized persons - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-18-property/ar-code-sect-18-44-401/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.