Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person or school to be licensed or any clinic to be operated under the provisions of this chapter unless the following requirements are met and practiced:
(1) A sink for hand washing with hot and cold running water and soap must be accessible;
(2) A restroom must be accessible;
(3) A towel or sheet that has been used by one (1) client may not be used on another person unless the towel or sheet has been relaundered;
(4) Anyone who has any infectious, contagious, or communicable disease which may be spread by airborne, droplet, contact, or indirect methods and who is in contact with the public must not practice until all risk of disease transmission is cleared. Any employee with such a disease must be immediately relieved from duty until all risk of disease transmission is cleared;
(5) A school or clinic must be equipped with a massage table or tables or a massage chair or chairs or equipped with such standard equipment dictated by the practice engaged in as defined in § 17-86-102; and
(6) A clinic or school must comply with all requirements of the Department of Health, city ordinances, and state laws.
(b) Failure to comply with any of the requirements as set forth by this section will be grounds for suspension or revocation of license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-86-302. Sanitary requirements - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-17-professions-occupations-and-businesses/ar-code-sect-17-86-302/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.