Skip to main content

Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-50-310. Rig permits

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a)(1)?The Commission on Water Well Construction shall issue rig permits if the water well contractor has:

(A)?A valid license;

(B)?Made proper application for a rig permit; ?and

(C)?Paid the required fee.

(2)?Rig permits shall not be transferable and shall expire July 31 of each year.

(b)(1)(A)?The water well contractor must renew the rig permit annually by applying no later than thirty (30) days after the expiration date and paying the required fee.

(B)?After receiving the renewal materials and fee, the commission shall extend the validity of the current rig permit until the water well contractor receives:

(i)?The new rig permit; ?or

(ii)?Notice that the commission has refused to renew the rig permit.

(2)?After August 31 of each year, the commission shall only renew a rig permit upon application and payment of the applicable fee plus a penalty of twenty-five dollars ($25.00).

(c)(1)?No water well contractor shall operate a rig or permit an employee to operate a rig unless the water well contractor holds a valid rig permit issued by the commission.

(2)?The water well contractor shall obtain a separate permit for each rig operated by the water well contractor during the permit year.

(d)(1)?The commission shall issue permits composed of weatherproof material.

(2)?The water well contractor shall firmly and conspicuously attach the permit to the rig for which it was issued.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-50-310. Rig permits - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard