Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The State Board of Registered Residential Interior Designers:
(1) Shall administer, coordinate, and enforce the provisions of this section and §§ 17-35-601--17-35-606, 17-35-701, and 17-35-801--17-35-803;
(2) May investigate allegations of misconduct and suspend registrations concerning the provisions of this section and §§ 17-35-601--17-35-606, 17-35-701, and 17-35-801--17-35-803;
(3) Shall adopt rules in the manner prescribed by the Arkansas Administrative Procedure Act, § 25-15-201 et seq., to carry out the purposes and policies of this section and §§ 17-35-601 -- 17-35-606, 17-35-701, and 17-35-801 -- 17-35-803, including rules relating to professional conduct, standards of performance and professional examination and registration, registration renewal requirements, application, renewal, and late fees, suspension and revocation of registrations, and the establishment of a code of ethics for persons registered under this section and §§ 17-35-601 -- 17-35-606, 17-35-701, and 17-35-801 -- 17-35-803;
(4) Shall set fees for registration, registration renewals, examinations, and all other administrative expenses;
(5) May require a registrant, as a condition of the renewal of his or her registration, to satisfy continuing education requirements;
(6) Shall maintain an official roster showing the name, address, and registration number of each interior designer registered under this section and §§ 17-35-601--17-35-606, 17-35-701, and 17-35-801--17-35-803;
(7) Shall require registrants to display their registration numbers on all business and advertising instruments, including business cards, stationery, and contracts;
(8) Shall conduct hearings and keep records and minutes necessary to carry out its functions;
(9) May, to the extent moneys are appropriated therefor, employ an executive secretary and other employees and fix their compensation; and
(10) Shall do all things reasonable and necessary to carry out the purposes of this section and §§ 17-35-601--17-35-606, 17-35-701, and 17-35-801--17-35-803.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-35-702. Powers and duties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-17-professions-occupations-and-businesses/ar-code-sect-17-35-702/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.