Skip to main content

Arkansas Code Title 15. Natural Resources and Economic Development § 15-22-809. Grants--Authorization

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The Arkansas Natural Resources Commission is authorized to use the funds deposited into the Arkansas Water Resources Cost Share Revolving Fund for grants to local governments with limited financial capacity.

(b) In selecting the recipients for state grants authorized in this subchapter, the following factors shall be taken into consideration by the commission:

(1) The financial ability of the local government applicant to provide the cost-sharing funds for the water resources development project, including all available tax sources or assessments;

(2) The burden placed on low income, elderly, and unemployed persons if the local government applicant participates in a cost-sharing project and pays for the nonfederal share through a user fee or property tax;  and

(3) The amount of fair user fees or other revenues which the water resources development project may reasonably be expected to generate in excess of those which would amortize the local share of the initial cost and provide for its successful operation and maintenance, including depreciation.

(c) No grant under this subchapter shall be awarded until the local government applicant has furnished the commission with sufficient proof of the exhaustion of all other funding sources and established that a deficiency exists in the amount of local funds necessary for the water resources development project.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 15. Natural Resources and Economic Development § 15-22-809. Grants--Authorization - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard