Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to powers conferred under other laws, the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission shall have the power under this subchapter to:
(1) Provide loans from bond proceeds to cities, counties, improvement districts, conservation districts, or other political subdivisions or agencies and instrumentalities of the state for payment of project costs;
(2) Construct or cause to be constructed with proceeds of loans or grants by the commission, lease as lessee, and in any manner acquire, own, hold, maintain, operate, sell, dispose of, lease as lessor, exchange, mortgage, or lend with respect to all or any part of any project;
(3) Acquire, own, hold, use, exercise, sell, mortgage, pledge, hypothecate, and in any manner to dispose of franchises, rights, privileges, licenses, rights-of-way, and easements necessary, useful, or appropriate for the exercise of the powers or implementation of the purposes set forth in this subchapter;
(4) Sell and convey, mortgage, pledge, lease as lessor, and otherwise dispose of all or any part of any project or other properties, tangible or intangible, including, without limitation, franchises, rights, privileges, licenses, rights-of-way, and easements;
(5) Have and exercise the right of eminent domain for the purpose of acquiring lands, the fee title thereto, or any easement, right-of-way, or other interest or estate therein for projects or portions thereof by the procedure now provided for condemnation by railroads by § 18-15-1201 et seq.;
(6) Make or accept gifts or grants of moneys, services, franchises, rights, privileges, licenses, rights-of-way, easements, or other property, real, personal, or mixed;
(7) Make any and all contracts necessary or convenient for the exercise of the powers or implementation of the purposes set forth in this subchapter;
(8) Fix, regulate, and collect rates, fees, rents, or other charges for the use of any properties or services furnished by the commission;
(9) Require audits of any or all accounts related to construction, operation, or maintenance of any project funded by this subchapter;
(10) Take reasonable actions necessary to ensure that debt service requirements are met; and
(11) Take such other action as may be appropriate to accomplish the purposes of this subchapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 15. Natural Resources and Economic Development § 15-22-704. Commission authorities - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-15-natural-resources-and-economic-development/ar-code-sect-15-22-704/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.