Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The plans of the municipality shall be prepared in order to promote, in accordance with present and future needs, the safety, morals, order, convenience, prosperity, and general welfare of the citizens.
(b) The plans may provide, among other things, for:
(1) Efficiency and economy in the process of development;
(2) The appropriate and best use of land;
(3) Convenience of traffic and circulation of people and goods;
(4) Safety from fire and other dangers;
(5) Adequate light and air in the use and occupancy of buildings;
(6) Healthful and convenient distribution of population;
(7) Good civic design and arrangement;
(8) Adequate public utilities and facilities; and
(9) Wise and efficient expenditure of funds.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 14. Local Government § 14-56-403. Plans--Purposes - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-14-local-government/ar-code-sect-14-56-403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.