Skip to main content

Arkansas Code Title 14. Local Government § 14-169-228. State public body assistance

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, construction, or operation of housing projects, including housing projects of the federal government, located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any state public body may, in addition to other powers conferred on them by this subchapter or any other law, upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:

(1) Grant easements, licenses, or any other rights or privileges to a housing authority;

(2) Cause services to be furnished to an authority of the character which the state public body is otherwise empowered to furnish;

(3) Enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by the state public body of its powers relating to the repair, demolition, or closing of unsafe, insanitary, or unfit dwellings;  and

(4) Employ, notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, any funds belonging to, or within the control of, the state public body, including funds derived from the sale or furnishing of property or facilities to an authority, in the purchase of the bonds or other obligations of an authority, and exercise all the rights of any holder of any such bonds or other obligations.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 14. Local Government § 14-169-228. State public body assistance - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard