Arkansas Code Title 12. Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs § 12-12-1716. Adult and Long-Term Care Facility Resident Maltreatment Central Registry
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arkansas Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a)(1) There is established within the Department of Human Services a statewide Adult and Long-term Care Facility Resident Maltreatment Central Registry.
(2) The registry shall contain investigative determinations made by the department on all founded reports of adult maltreatment and long-term care facility resident maltreatment.
(3) An offender's name shall be placed in the registry if:
(A) After notice, the offender does not timely request an administrative hearing; or
(B) Upon completion of the administrative hearing process, the department's investigative determination of founded is upheld.
(4) An offender's name shall remain in the registry unless:
(A) The name is removed under a statute;
(B) The name is removed under a rule; or
(C) The offender prevails upon appeal.
(b) The department may adopt rules necessary to encourage cooperation with other states in exchanging reports to effect a national registry system of adult maltreatment.
(c)(1) The department may charge a reasonable fee not to exceed ten dollars ($10.00) for researching, copying, and mailing records of the investigative files maintained under this subchapter.
(2) The department may also charge a reasonable fee for reproducing copies of tapes and photographs maintained under this subchapter.
(3) No fee may be charged to a nonprofit or volunteer agency that requests a search of the investigative files maintained under this subchapter.
(4) No fee may be charged under this subchapter to a person who is indigent.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 12. Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs § 12-12-1716. Adult and Long-Term Care Facility Resident Maltreatment Central Registry - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-12-law-enforcement-emergency-management-and-military-affairs/ar-code-sect-12-12-1716/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?