Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-11-70
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
For the purposes of this division, the following terms shall have the respective meanings ascribed by this section:
(1) Commission. The Alabama Justice Information Commission.
(2) Concealed carry permit or pistol permit. A permit to carry a pistol in a vehicle or concealed on or about his or her person within the state.
(3) Crime of violence. Any of the following crimes or an attempt to commit any of them, namely, murder, manslaughter, (except manslaughter arising out of the operation of a vehicle), rape, mayhem, assault with intent to rob, assault with intent to ravish, assault with intent to murder, robbery, burglary, and kidnapping. “Crime of violence” shall also mean any Class A felony or any Class B felony that has as an element serious physical injury, the distribution or manufacture of a controlled substance, or is of a sexual nature involving a child under the age of 12.
(4) Honorably discharged veteran. An individual honorably discharged from active duty in the Army, the Navy, the Marine Corps, the Air Force, the Space Force, or the Coast Guard of the United States, or any reserve or National Guard component of the United States Armed Forces, as evidenced by his or her DD Form 214, Record and Report of Separation Honorable Discharge Record, or other applicable documentation.
(5) Lifetime concealed carry permit or Lifetime carry permit. A concealed carry permit that is valid for the lifetime of the permit holder.
(6) Person. Such term includes any firm, partnership, association, or corporation.
(7) Pistol. Any firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
(8) Retired military veteran. An individual who is a retiree from active duty in the Army, the Navy, the Marine Corps, the Air Force, the Space Force, or the Coast Guard of the United States, or any reserve or National Guard component of the United States Armed Forces.
(9) Service member. An individual who is in military service and is a member of the armed services or reserve forces of the United States or a member of the Alabama National Guard.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-11-70 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-13a-criminal-code/al-code-sect-13a-11-70.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?