Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The board shall
(1) establish examination requirements for eligible applicants for licensure to practice veterinary medicine;
(2) examine, or cause to be examined, eligible applicants for licensure or registration;
(3) approve the issuance of licenses and student permits to qualified applicants;
(4) establish standards for the practice of veterinary medicine by regulation;
(5) conduct disciplinary proceedings in accordance with this chapter;
(6) adopt regulations requiring proof of continued competency before a license is renewed;
(7) as requested by the department, monitor the standards and availability of veterinary services provided in the state and report its findings to the department;
(8) collect, or cause to be collected, data concerning the practice of veterinary technology by veterinary technicians in the state and submit the data to the department for maintenance;
(9) establish, by regulation, educational and training requirements for
(A) the issuance of student permits; and
(B) the delegation of duties by veterinarians licensed under this chapter to veterinary technicians;
(10) require that a licensee who has a federal Drug Enforcement Administration registration number register with the controlled substance prescription database under AS 17.30.200(n);
(11) identify resources and develop educational materials to assist licensees to identify an animal owner who may be at risk for abusing or misusing an opioid.
(b) The board may
(1) establish examination and registration requirements for veterinary technicians;
(2) adopt regulations or do any act necessary to carry out its duties under this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 8. Business and Professions § 08.98.050. Powers and duties of the board - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-8-business-and-professions/ak-st-sect-08-98-050/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.