Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter,
(1) “board” means the Board of Dental Examiners;
(2) “direct supervision” means the dentist is in the dental office, personally diagnoses the condition to be treated, personally authorizes the procedure, and before dismissal of the patient evaluates the performance of the dental hygienist;
(3) “general supervision” means the dentist has authorized the procedures and they are being carried out in accordance with the dentist's diagnosis and treatment plan;
(4) “indirect supervision” means a licensed dentist is in the dental facility, authorizes the procedures, and remains in the dental facility while the procedures are being performed by the dental hygienist;
(5) “licensed dental hygienist” means a dental hygienist licensed under this chapter;
(6) “licensed dentist” means a dentist licensed under AS 08.36.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 8. Business and Professions § 08.32.190. Definitions - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-8-business-and-professions/ak-st-sect-08-32-190/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.