Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department shall adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) necessary to carry out this chapter covering, but not limited to,
(1) the issuance, renewal, and revocation of permits, licenses, and vendor registrations;
(2) a method of ascertaining net proceeds, the determination of items of expense that may be incurred or paid, and the limitation of the amount of the items of expense to prevent the proceeds from the activity permitted from being diverted to noncharitable, noneducational, nonreligious, or profit-making organizations, individuals, or groups;
(3) the immediate revocation of permits, licenses, and vendor registrations authorized under this chapter if this chapter or regulations adopted under it are violated;
(4) the requiring of detailed, sworn, financial reports of operations from permittees and licensees including detailed statements of receipts and payments;
(5) the investigation of permittees, licensees, registered vendors, and their employees, including the fingerprinting of those permittees, licensees, registered vendors, and employees whom the department considers it advisable to fingerprint;
(6) the method and manner of conducting authorized activities and awarding of prizes or awards, and the equipment that may be used;
(7) the number of activities that may be held, operated, or conducted under a permit during a specified period; however, the department may not allow more than 14 bingo sessions a month and 35 bingo games a session to be conducted under a permit; the holders of a multiple-beneficiary permit under AS 05.15.100(d) may hold, operate, or conduct the number of sessions and games a month equal to the number allowed an individual permittee per month multiplied by the number of holders of the multiple-beneficiary permit;
(8) a method of accounting for receipts and disbursements by operators, including the keeping of records and requirements for the deposit of all receipts in a bank;
(9) the disposition of funds in possession of a permittee, a person, municipality, or qualified organization that possesses an operator's license, or a registered vendor at the time a permit, a license, or a vendor registration is surrendered, revoked, or invalidated;
(10) restrictions on the participation by employees of the Department of Fish and Game in salmon classics, king salmon classics, and big bull moose derbies, and by employees of Douglas Island Pink and Chum in king salmon classics;
(11) other matters the department considers necessary to carry out this chapter or protect the best interest of the public.
(b) Regulations adopted by the department under this section relating to charitable gaming activity involving pull-tabs shall, to the extent permitted by this chapter, be consistent with the standards on pull-tabs of the North American Gaming Regulators Association, as amended from time to time.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 5. Amusements and Sports § 05.15.060. Regulations - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-5-amusements-and-sports/ak-st-sect-05-15-060/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.