Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Subject to the requirements of AS 44.88.700 - 44.88.799, the authority may
(1) guarantee new markets tax credit assistance leveraged loans; and
(2) make new markets tax credit assistance leveraged loans.
(b) New markets tax credit assistance guarantees and loans are limited to projects in the state for which new markets tax credits are allocated by a qualified community development entity.
(c) The authority shall determine that the project will promote economic development in the state before guaranteeing a leveraged loan or making a leveraged loan under AS 44.88.700 - 44.88.799.
(d) The authority may agree to restrictions and guidelines arising from the federal new markets tax credit program, including, for the seven-year tax credit period of the new markets tax credit project,
(1) that interest only payments be made on the leveraged loan;
(2) that substantially all capital remain invested in the project;
(3) that acceptable collateral may be an interest in a qualified community development entity or an investment entity rather than in the project; and
(4) substantive restrictions on foreclosure of collateral.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 44. State Government § 44.88.700. New markets tax credit assistance guarantees and loans - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-44-state-government/ak-st-sect-44-88-700/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.