Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) At least 30 days before the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a regulation, notice of the proposed action shall be
(1) published in the newspaper of general circulation or trade or industry publication that the state agency prescribes and posted on the Alaska Online Public Notice System; in the discretion of the state agency giving the notice, the requirement of publication in a newspaper or trade or industry publication may be satisfied by using a combination of publication and broadcasting; when broadcasting the notice, an agency may use an abbreviated form of the notice if the broadcast provides the name and date of the newspaper or trade or industry journal and the Internet address of the Alaska Online Public Notice System where the full text of the notice can be found;
(2) furnished to every person who has filed a request for notice of proposed action with the state agency;
(3) if the agency is within a department, furnished to the commissioner of the department;
(4) when appropriate in the judgment of the agency,
(A) furnished to a person or group of persons whom the agency believes is interested in the proposed action; and
(B) published in the additional form and manner the state agency prescribes;
(5) furnished to the Department of Law together with a copy of the proposed regulation, amendment, or order of repeal for the department's use in preparing the opinion required after adoption and before filing by AS 44.62.060;
(6) furnished by electronic format to all incumbent State of Alaska legislators
(7) Repealed by SLA 2018, ch. 7 § 13, eff. August 1, 2018.
(b) If the form or manner of notice is prescribed by statute, in addition to the requirements of filing and furnishing notice under AS 44.62.010--44.62.300, or in addition to the requirements of filing and mailing notice under other sections of this chapter, the notice shall be published, posted, mailed, filed, or otherwise publicized as prescribed by the statute.
(c) The failure to furnish notice to a person as provided in this section does not invalidate an action taken by an agency under AS 44.62.180--44.62.290.
(d) Along with a notice furnished under (a)(2), (4)(A), or (6) of this section, the state agency, except the Regulatory Commission of Alaska, the Board of Fisheries, the Board of Game, and the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, shall include
(1) the reason for the proposed action, including, if applicable, an identification of the law, order, decision, or other action of the federal government or a federal or state court that is the basis for the proposed action; in this paragraph, “federal government” means a department, agency, corporation, or instrumentality of the United States government;
(2) the initial cost to the state agency of implementation;
(3) the estimated annual costs, based on a good faith effort to estimate the costs in the aggregate for each of the following categories using the information available to the state agency, to
(A) private persons to comply with the proposed action;
(B) the state agency for implementation and to other state agencies to comply with the proposed action; and
(C) municipalities to comply with the proposed action;
(4) the name of the contact person for the state agency; and
(5) the origin of the proposed action.
(e) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, if a person who is to receive a notice under (a) of this section requests that the state agency mail the notice, the state agency shall furnish the notice to the person by mail.
(f) To the extent feasible, the subject line of electronic mail and the title of a written publication providing the information required by (d) of this section must give the reader a fair idea of the substance of the proposed new regulation, the proposed amended regulation, or the regulation proposed for repeal.
(g) Along with a notice furnished under (a)(2), (4)(A), or (6) of this section, the Regulatory Commission of Alaska, the Board of Fisheries, the Board of Game, and the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission shall include the reason for the proposed action, the initial cost of implementation to the state agency, the estimated annual costs of implementation to the state agency, the name of a contact person, and the origin of the proposed action.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 44. State Government § 44.62.190. Notice of proposed action - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-44-state-government/ak-st-sect-44-62-190/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.