Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A person applying for a commission as a notary public shall submit a completed application as required by this section, using the forms or format required by the lieutenant governor.
(b) A completed application for a commission under AS 44.50.010(a)(1) must include
(1) an affirmation that the applicant meets the qualifications set out in AS 44.50.020(2)--(6);
(2) the applicant's mailing and physical addresses; the applicant's telephone number, if any; the applicant's employer or business; the physical address and telephone number of the applicant's employer or business at the location where the applicant works; and an electronic mailing address, if any, where the applicant can be contacted;
(3) information concerning any denial, suspension, revocation, or restriction of the applicant's commission as a notary public in this state or another jurisdiction; that information must include
(A) identification of the jurisdiction;
(B) the date the jurisdiction issued the denial, suspension, revocation, or restriction;
(C) the reasons for the denial, suspension, revocation, or restriction; and
(D) information concerning final resolution of the matter;
(4) the applicant's notarized signature on the portion of the application that contains the oath or affirmation required by AS 44.50.035;
(5) the fee required by AS 44.50.033; and
(6) the bond required by AS 44.50.034.
(c) A completed application for a commission under AS 44.50.010(a)(2) must include
(1) a signed statement by the applicant's government employer that the commission is needed for the purpose of conducting official government business;
(2) the applicant's mailing and physical addresses; the applicant's telephone number, if any; the applicant's employer; the name, address, and telephone number for the employer where the applicant works; and an electronic mailing address, if any, where the applicant can be contacted;
(3) the affirmation, information, and signature required by (b)(1), (3), and (4) of this section; and
(4) the fee required by AS 44.50.033.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 44. State Government § 44.50.032. Application - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-44-state-government/ak-st-sect-44-50-032/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.