Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The director shall
(1) supervise and administer the activities of the office;
(2) advise the governor on matters of comprehensive state planning.
(b) The director may
(1) with the written concurrence of the governor, enter into contracts and subcontracts on behalf of the state to carry out the provisions of AS 44.19.141 - 44.19.152; contracting under this paragraph is governed by AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code);
(2) act for the state in the initiation, investigation, evaluation of or participation in any program relative to the stated purpose of AS 44.19.141 - 44.19.152 that may involve more than one government or governmental unit;
(3) on behalf of the state, accept and expend any gifts or grants made to the state with the approval of the governor when the gifts or grants were made for the purposes of furthering the objectives of the office.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 44. State Government § 44.19.144. Powers and duties of the director - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-44-state-government/ak-st-sect-44-19-144/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.