Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The tax imposed by this chapter does not
(1) apply to an individual;
(2) apply to a fiduciary;
(3) for a tax year beginning after December 31, 2012, apply to an Alaska corporation that is a qualified small business and that meets the active business requirement in 26 U.S.C. 1202(e) as that subsection read on January 1, 2012; or
(4) for a tax year beginning after June 30, 2007, apply to the income received by a regional association qualified under AS 16.10.380 or nonprofit corporation holding a hatchery permit under AS 16.10.400 from the sale of salmon or salmon eggs under AS 16.10.450 or from a cost recovery fishery under AS 16.10.455.
(a) The tax imposed by this chapter does not apply to
(1) an individual;
(2) a fiduciary; or
(b) An individual may file a return under this chapter in order to receive a tax credit under AS 43.20.013.
(c) For the purposes of (a)(3) of this section,
(1) whether a corporation qualifies under (a)(3) of this section shall be determined on the first day of the tax year for which the corporation claims it qualifies under (a)(3) of this section;
(2) all corporations that are members of the same parent-subsidiary controlled group shall be treated as one corporation.
(d) In this section,
(1) “Alaska corporation” means a corporation that has been incorporated in the state or is authorized to do business in the state;
(2) “parent-subsidiary controlled group” has the meaning given in 26 U.S.C. 1202 as that section read on January 1, 2012;
(3) “qualified small business” has the meaning given in 26 U.S.C. 1202 as that section read on January 1, 2012, and does not include a construction, transportation, utility, or fisheries business.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 43. Revenue and Taxation § 43.20.012. Limitation on application of chapter; credits - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-43-revenue-and-taxation/ak-st-sect-43-20-012/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.