Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The board shall provide a state oversight report to the governor and the legislature before undertaking
(1) expansion, reduction, or diversification of services provided by the railroad upon the date of transfer or as provided under this chapter that the board determines would represent a significant and permanent change in the level and nature of services provided; or
(2) an application for an appropriation to be used for providing any service that is not self-sustaining.
(b) The report under (a) of this section shall be in writing, describe the proposed undertaking in detail, and specify
(1) its financial impact on the corporation;
(2) its impact on the level and nature of services provided by the corporation;
(3) the reasons the action is necessary or desirable to achieve the purposes of this chapter;
(4) whether and when the undertaking or service is expected to be self-sustaining financially; and
(5) if the undertaking requires an appropriation to be used for providing a service that is not self-sustaining, that the amount of the appropriation has been strictly calculated in accordance with United States Surface Transportation Board standards for determining rail service subsidies.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 42. Public Utilities and Carriers and Energy Programs § 42.40.280. State oversight reports - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-42-public-utilities-and-carriers-and-energy-programs/ak-st-sect-42-40-280/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.