Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The owner of real property that may be subject to a lien under AS 34.35.050 - 34.35.120 may announce the date of completion of the project by
(1) recording a notice of completion after completion of the project in the office of the recorder of the district in which the real property is situated; and
(2) giving notice at least five days before the recording of the notice of completion to all claimants who have given a notice of right to lien or a stop-lending notice to the owner and the lender prior to 10 days before recording a notice of completion; the notice must include a copy of the notice of completion and a statement advising claimants that a notice of completion will be recorded not earlier than five days after the date of the notice.
(b) The notice of completion shall be signed and verified by the owner, and must state
(1) the date of completion of the building or other improvement;
(2) the name and address of the owner;
(3) the nature of the interest or estate of the owner;
(4) the legal description of the property sufficient for identification; and
(5) the name of the general contractor.
(d) A notice of completion is not effective if recorded before completion.
(e) Labor, materials, services, or equipment furnished after a notice of completion is recorded to satisfy warranty obligations or to remedy defective or unsatisfactory construction, alterations, or repairs for which no additional consideration is owed to the person furnishing the additional labor, materials, services, or equipment does not result in lien liability under AS 34.35.050 - 34.35.120.
(f) After recording a common interest community declaration under AS 34.08, an owner may record a notice of completion under this section as to each unit after completion of the original construction of each unit of the common interest community.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 34. Property § 34.35.071. Notice of completion - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-34-property/ak-st-sect-34-35-071/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?