Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In furtherance of its corporate purposes, the authority may, in addition to other powers that it may have by law,
(1) sue and be sued;
(2) have a seal and alter the seal at its pleasure;
(3) adopt and amend bylaws for its organization and internal management;
(4) adopt regulations governing the exercise of its corporate powers;
(5) subject to AS 30.17.130(c), accept title to, or other interest in, assets transferred to the authority by the federal government, including facilities and other real or personal property, located at the Adak Naval Air Facility;
(6) lease to others a project acquired by it for the rentals and upon the terms and conditions the authority may consider advisable, including, without limitation, provisions for options to purchase or renew;
(7) issue and secure the payment of bonds, including revenue bonds; provide for the rights of holders of the bonds; and purchase, hold, and dispose of bonds;
(8) sell, by installment sale or otherwise, exchange, donate, convey, or encumber in any manner by mortgage or by creation of any other security interest, real or personal property owned by it, or in which it has an interest, including a project, when, in the judgment of the authority, the action is in furtherance of its corporate purposes;
(9) accept gifts, grants, or loans from, and enter into contracts or other transactions regarding them with, a federal agency or an agency or instrumentality of the state, a municipality, a private organization, or other source;
(10) deposit or invest its funds, subject to agreements with bondholders;
(11) acquire, manage, and operate projects as the authority considers necessary or appropriate to serve a public purpose;
(12) enter into contracts or other transactions with a federal agency, with an agency or instrumentality of the state or of a municipality, or with a private organization or other entity consistent with the exercise of any power under this chapter;
(13) charge fees or other forms of remuneration for the use or possession of the projects described in (11) of this section in accordance with the agreements described in (12) of this section, other agreements pertaining to the projects, covenants, or representations made in bond documents pertaining to the projects, or regulations of the authority pertaining to the projects.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, Shipping, and Transportation Facilities § 30.17.110. Powers of the authority - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-30-navigation-harbors-shipping-and-transportation-facilities/ak-st-sect-30-17-110/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?