Every vehicle driven, moved, or parked upon a highway or other public parking place in the state shall be registered under this chapter except when the vehicle is
(1) driven or moved on a highway only for the purpose of crossing the highway from one private property to another, including an implement of husbandry as defined by regulation;
(3) special mobile equipment as defined by regulation;
(4) owned by the United States;
(5) moved by human or animal power;
(7) driven or parked only on private property;
(8) the vehicle of a nonresident as provided under AS 28.10.121 ;
(9) transported under a special permit under AS 28.10.151 ;
(10) being driven or moved on a highway, vehicular way, or a public parking place in the state that is not connected by a land highway or vehicular way to
(A) the land-connected state highway system; or
(B) a highway or vehicular way with an average daily traffic volume greater than 499;
(11) an implement of husbandry operated in accordance with the provisions of AS 19.10.065 ;
(12) an electric personal motor vehicle.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 28. Motor Vehicles § 28.10.011. Vehicles subject to registration - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-28-motor-vehicles/ak-st-sect-28-10-011.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.